Jazz Chord Progressions: VI-I-IV-VII-III
VERY used jazz chord progressions in jazz music,
Used in some musics like:“Girl On Fire, Rihanna”, “Yeah, Chris Brown” etc.
Girl On Fire Chord Progression:
Let’s check this out:
(Video Coming Soon)
And that’s the most basic way of playing that progression you will get, However, here again I added some dominant 7s and omitted the V(5), for the style.
Some of you probably want to spice it up some more to get more originality, am I right?
So, let’s get a little more crazy and add some notes in those chords to make it even more jazzy !
I have the honor to present: THE VARIABLES !
Girl On Fire Chord Progression Variables
The roots notes stay the same, however the right hand begins to do chords more difficult.
Sounds compliacted doesn’t it?
Don’t worry our videos will help you out, for each one of them. I promise that you won’t regret it, those progressions sounds amazingly nice !
Feel entirely free to mix the progressions together, to be totally original and unique in your art.
If you also, mash up the chords, I can guarantee you that the progression you come up with will perfectly make sense !
Let’s talk about scales, if you wanna make some jazz instrumentals !
By my experience,
The best scale was the blues scale in case of making a lead !
If we are in the key of C, the blues scale would be:
Mix that up, with any of the progressions that are above and you’ll be satisfied promised. 🙂
So go ahead, play some jazz !
That was all about the pro tips that I’ve got for you guys. Welp, for now.
Let me know how it sounds to you !
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel !
You’ll find different instrumentals, will you be able to reproduce them?
Let me know how’s it sounds to you !
A chord progression idea.
Also Check out:
- THE BIG AND FAMOUS: VI-V-IV-III (6-5-4-3)
- “Hit the road Jack, Ray Charles”, “We’ll be coming back, Calvin Harris”
- VI-IV-II-III (6-4-2-3)
- “Je t’aime – moi non plus, Serge Gainsbourg”, Warioware DIY, Nintendo”
- VI-V-IV-III-II-III (6-5-4-3-2-3)
- “Thor’s Hammer, Dobu Usagi”, “Stole my bike, Nintendo”
- VI-II-III (6-2-3)
- “Mega Man X, Capcom”, “I only want to be with you, Dusty Springfield”
- I-IV (1-4)
- “Be Like That, 3 Doors Down”, “Set Fire To The Rain, Adele”
- IV-V-I (4-5-1)
- “When you’re gone, Avril Lavigne”, “Because I Got High, Afroman”
- I-IV-V (1-4-5)
- “Girl On Fire, Rihanna”, “Yeah, Chris Brown”, “Wild Thoughts, Dj Khaled”
- VI-V-bV-IV (6-5-b5-4)
- “Crazy, Aerosmith”, “Just Can’t Get Enough, Black Eyed Peas”
← Back to the Jazz Page