Gospel Progressions: IImin9-V7-Imaj7-IVMaj9-VIIdim7-IIIaug7-VImin9
An often used progression in Gospel Progressions,
Used in musics like: “When The Spirit Of The Lord, Fred Hammond”
Anyway, here are meanings behind what’s been added:
min9= do a minor chord with a 9 in this voicing: Dmin9=D-F-A-C-E, Fmin9=F-Ab-C-Eb-G
Maj7: do a major chord with a major 7 in it: CMaj7=C C-E-G-B
Maj9: do a major chord with a 9 in it: Fmaj9= F-A-C-E-G, Amin9: A G-B-C-E
aug7: do an augmented chord: Eaug7= E-Ab-C-D
7: do a major chord with a dominant 7 in it: G7= G F-B-D
dim7: do a diminished 7: Bdim7= B A-D-F
Here’s how you can play it in all 12 keys:
Let’s hear this progression:
Feel entirely free to mix the progressions together, to be totally original and unique in your art.
If you also, mash up the chords, I can guarantee you that the progression you come up with will perfectly make sense !
Let’s talk about scales, if you wanna make some instrumentals !
By my experience,
The best scale was the blues scale in case of making a lead !
If we are in the key of C, the blues scale is:
Mix that up, with any of the progressions that are above and you’ll be satisfied promised. 🙂
So go ahead, make some gospel songs and awesome progressions !
That was all about the pro tips that I’ve got for you guys. Welp, for now.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel !
You’ll find different instrumentals, will you be able to reproduce them?
Let me know how’s it sounds to you !
A chord progression idea.
Also Check Out:
- The IV-III-VI-V-I Progression (Fa-Mi-La-Sol-Do) (4-3-6-5-1)
- “The Best In Me, Marvin Sapp”
- The II-V-I-IV-VII-III-VI Progression (Ré-Sol-Do-Fa-Si-Mi-Fa) (2-5-1-4-7-3-6)
- “When The Spirit Of The Lord, Fred Hammond”
- The III-VI-V-I-VI-II-V-I Progression (Mi-Fa-Sol-Do-La-Ré-Sol-Do) (3-6-5-1-4-2-5-1)
- “This Is The Day, Fred Hammond”
- The VI-II-IV-VII-III-VI Progression (La-Ré-Fa-Si-Mi-La) (6-2-4-7-3-6)
- “Possess The Land, Marvin Sapp”
- The I-II-III-IV-IVmin Progression (Do-Ré-Mi-Fa-Famin) (1-2-3-4-4min)
- “Every Prayer, Israel Houghton”
- The I-IV-I-VI-II-V Progression (Do-Fa-Do-La-Ré-Sol) (1-6-1-4-2-5)
- “A Little More Jesus, Erica Campbell”
- The IV-III-II-I-II-III Progression (Fa-Mi-Ré-Do-Ré-Mi) (4-3-2-1-2-3)
- “Work In Your Favor, Hezekiah Walker”
← Back to the Gospel Songs