Hip-Hop And Jazz Chord Progression: I7-IV7
Break down of the jazz chord progression:
“All of this new information, popped out of nothing, looks complicated.”
If it is what you are thinking after you click or even before, it is absolutely normal, if you already get what the heck those chords means, then my congratulations.
So for those who are normals or even beginners uh… I don’t know “progressionners?”, “Progressionist?”…”Chords Apprentice?
I just don’t know what to call my audience .
Anyway, here are meanings behind what’s been added:
7= add the dominant 7 to a major chord so we’ve got: C7=C-E-G-Bb and F7=F-A-C-Eb
Let’s hear it:
Yeah by the way I use FL :p
And that’s about it for this progression which gives me thrill whenever I get to listen to it in a music. 🙂
Feel entirely free to mix the progressions together, to be totally original and unique in your art.
If you also, mash up the chords, I can guarantee you that the progression you come up with will perfectly make sense !
Let’s talk about scales, if you wanna make some jazz instrumentals !
By my experience,
The best scale was the blues scale in case of making a lead !
If we are in the key of C, the blues scale would be:
Mix that up, with any of the progressions that are above and you’ll be satisfied promised. 🙂
So go ahead, play some jazz !
That was all about the pro tips that I’ve got for you guys. Welp, for now.
Let me know how it sounds to you !
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel !
You’ll find different instrumentals, will you be able to reproduce them?
Let me know how’s it sounds to you !
A chord progression idea.
Also if you want to check these out:
Also Check out:
- THE BIG AND FAMOUS: VI-V-IV-III (6-5-4-3)
- “Hit the road Jack, Ray Charles”, “We’ll be coming back, Calvin Harris”
- VI-IV-II-III (6-4-2-3)
- “Je t’aime – moi non plus, Serge Gainsbourg”, Warioware DIY, Nintendo”
- VI-V-IV-III-II-III (6-5-4-3-2-3)
- “Thor’s Hammer, Dobu Usagi”, “Stole my bike, Nintendo”
- VI-II-III (6-2-3)
- “Mega Man X, Capcom”, “I only want to be with you, Dusty Springfield”
- I-IV (1-4)
- “Be Like That, 3 Doors Down”, “Set Fire To The Rain, Adele”
- IV-V-I (4-5-1)
- “When you’re gone, Avril Lavigne”, “Because I Got High, Afroman”
- I-IV-V (1-4-5)
- “Girl On Fire, Rihanna”, “Yeah, Chris Brown”, “Wild Thoughts, Dj Khaled”
- VI-V-bV-IV (6-5-b5-4)
- “Crazy, Aerosmith”, “Just Can’t Get Enough, Black Eyed Peas”
Also check out:
- The I-V Progression
- “Suit And Tie, Justin Timberlake”
- The IV-III-VI Progression
- “I don’t like it I love it, Flo Rida” , “Can’t believe it, Flo Rida”
- The IV-III-VI-II-V Progression
- The VI-I-IV-III Progression
- “Let’s get it started, Black Eyed Peas”
- The II-III Progression
- “Follow my lead, 50 cent”, “Love me harder, Ariana Grande”
- The III-IV Progression
- “Time of our lives, Pit Bull”, “Focus, Ariana Grande”
- The II-VI-IV-III Progression
- The II-VI-IV-III Progression
- “When I Come Around, Dom Kennedy”
- The VII-III-VI Progression
- “Backyard, Travis Scott”, “The Real Slim Shady, Eminem”
- The VI-I-IV-VII-III Progression
- “Foreplay, Jalen Santoy”, “Stainless, Logic”
- The IV-III-VI-II Progression
- “Do For Love, 2pac”, “Do For Love, Le$”
- The VImaj-V-I-IV-VII-bVII Progression
- “Search Party, Curren$y”
← Back to the Jazz Page