Jazz Chord Progressions: I-IV
Sometimes used jazz chord progressions in jazz music,
Used in some musics like: “Be Like That, 3 Doors Down”, “Set Fire To The Rain, Adele” etc.
Let’s check this out:
And that’s the most basic way of playing that progression you will get.
Some of you probably want to spice it up some more to get more originality, am I right?
So, let’s get a little more crazy and add some notes in those chords to make it even more jazzy !
I have the honor to present: THE VARIABLES !
The roots notes stay the same, however the right hand begins to do chords more difficult.
For now I have 1 other idea for this chord progression that pop in my mind:
Sounds compliacted doesn’t it?
Don’t worry our videos will help you out, for each one of them. I promise that you won’t regret it, those progressions sounds amazingly nice !
Feel entirely free to mix the progressions together, to be totally original and unique in your art.
If you also, mash up the chords, I can guarantee you that the progression you come up with will perfectly make sense !
Let’s talk about scales, if you wanna make some jazz instrumentals !
By my experience,
The best scale was the blues scale in case of making a lead !
If we are in the key of C, the blues scale would be:
Mix that up, with any of the progressions that are above and you’ll be satisfied promised. 🙂
So go ahead, play some jazz !
That was all about the pro tips that I’ve got for you guys. Welp, for now.
Let me know how it sounds to you !
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel !
You’ll find different instrumentals, will you be able to reproduce them?
Let me know how’s it sounds to you !
A chord progression idea.
Also Check out:
- THE BIG AND FAMOUS: VI-V-IV-III (6-5-4-3)
- “Hit the road Jack, Ray Charles”, “We’ll be coming back, Calvin Harris”
- VI-IV-II-III (6-4-2-3)
- “Je t’aime – moi non plus, Serge Gainsbourg”, Warioware DIY, Nintendo”
- VI-V-IV-III-II-III (6-5-4-3-2-3)
- “Thor’s Hammer, Dobu Usagi”, “Stole my bike, Nintendo”
- VI-II-III (6-2-3)
- “Mega Man X, Capcom”, “I only want to be with you, Dusty Springfield”
- I-IV (1-4)
- “Be Like That, 3 Doors Down”, “Set Fire To The Rain, Adele”
- IV-V-I (4-5-1)
- “When you’re gone, Avril Lavigne”, “Because I Got High, Afroman”
- I-IV-V (1-4-5)
- “Girl On Fire, Rihanna”, “Yeah, Chris Brown”, “Wild Thoughts, Dj Khaled”
- VI-V-bV-IV (6-5-b5-4)
- “Crazy, Aerosmith”, “Just Can’t Get Enough, Black Eyed Peas”
← Back to Homepage